Monday, September 28, 2009

Week-3 Sept 24

One thing I learn about this week reading is how much of attention I need to put on putting a website together, it does not take a rocket scientitist to do it, however; I need to think twice before I put it together. One important information was the colors you use on the website and also the resolution image used. Using the web is a great information device. you have to make a good judgment when you are chosing your colors. example, last weekend when i was working on lab project, I noticed when i change the color, it makes a great difference, choosing the right size to the image can make a great difference, I can choose to make the image small, medium, large or xtra large, however; I have to make sure that I use the right PPI size, make sure it is not too high. The ppi size should be 72 and 96 to effectively display a graphic.
The main focus when designing for the web is the time that is required to load the page and sometimes the trade off you should make to keep this time down.
The 2 websites I evaluate were: www.letterboxing.org/index.php. is one of the website I picked. hthe website was very efficient. The main page was slow to load and the links on the main graphics were not spontaneous. It is a fun site for family. The color was very nice, it was easy to navigate from one page to another. The designer word chosen links could be clearer.

www.albright.edu/index/php was another page that I evaluate. The navigation scheme and the text great. I like the color and the flow of the homepage. the information is accessible.

I will be more critical of websites when I look at in the future, especially the colors, the sizes of the pictures, I will apply this information very careful when I ma putting my websites together.

No comments:

Post a Comment